iOS 7 Jailbreak
12-23-2013, 02:51 AM,
iOS 7 Jailbreak
It's out today.

http://evasi0n.com/

I've missed tethering, so this should be good.
12-23-2013, 06:24 AM,
RE: iOS 7 Jailbreak
Wait, iOS still doesn't have built in tethering?
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
12-23-2013, 06:30 AM,
It does, but jailbreaking lets you do it without paying absurd monthly fees to carriers. I don't use crazy amounts of bandwidth when I'm tethering so I don't feel bad.
12-23-2013, 09:41 AM,
America carriers charge for tethering?
12-23-2013, 10:13 AM,
Yes.

News: apparently the creators of this jailbreak got paid $100K-$1M to include shady Chinese software, at least in the Chinese version. The jailbreak community is shocked. Shocked.
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM,
As seems the creators never bothered to make sure Cydia or anything else works, or give any of the other teams lead time to make their code compatible.
12-23-2013, 03:24 PM,
Yeah, Saurik is bummed that the updates to Cydia and MobileSubstrate aren't out yet. He apparently told these people back in September about this. I don't even know. I found a version that supposedly doesn't have the sketchy Chinese app store bundled with it, even though people said that if you didn't open the Chinese app store none of your data was being sent to a 3rd party.

Anyway, I have flux and tethering on my iPhone now and I enjoy it.
12-23-2013, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 11:34 PM by roo.)
I jail broke my 3G. It was neat to see actual memory usage and get a terminal.

But for me, that isn't with the effort. I have maybe once felt inclined to tether. I got over it.

To tell you the truth, I spend more time thinking about whether or not I need a phone at all than I do thinking about tethering. I'm pretty sure I could make do with an iPod but I don't feel like taking on the experiment.

So taking the risk of exposing my credentials to third parties is right out.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
12-24-2013, 04:58 AM,
The guy who cried wolf about personal data being compromised has apologized.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/commen.../im_sorry/

I've still got the jailbreak on my phone. If I somehow get sold into wage slavery in China at least I'll be able to install random shit on my phone while I toil away in a factory.
12-24-2013, 08:59 AM,
(12-24-2013, 04:58 AM)tobobo Wrote: The guy who cried wolf about personal data being compromised has apologized.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/commen.../im_sorry/

I've still got the jailbreak on my phone. If I somehow get sold into wage slavery in China at least I'll be able to install random shit on my phone while I toil away in a factory.

That could just mean the spyware was government sponsored
12-25-2013, 02:27 AM,
Normal updates are tedious enough. Yeah, I know, they're easier than ever, but I just don't want to have to think about doing two updates or about when I should or shouldn't do updates. I've got, to me, more important things to worry about.

Maybe when I make my millions I'll pay some intern less than minimum wage to worry about it for me.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter