Glad to see everyone so excited about today’s Apple event.
03-26-2019, 03:50 PM,
Glad to see everyone so excited about today’s Apple event.
Nobody here wants an Apple credit card? Mwahaha
03-26-2019, 07:09 PM,
RE: Glad to see everyone so excited about today’s Apple event.
I heard it's made out of titanium. I assume that there won't be any problems with the metal interfering with either the chip, the tap, or the magnetic strip, but I do hope they remember to round the edges so you don't cut yourself on it.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
03-26-2019, 08:49 PM,
I don't subscribe to Apple Music. I don't use Apple News. I do not long for a digital magazine experience. I'm not terribly interested in another streaming video service.

Apple had an event and announced a bunch of stuff that I don't want. What's more is that they failed to make me want it.

As for the credit card, the rewards aren't enough to get me on it. I think their fee structure is novel and will be attractive to new credit card owners. I'll be curious to see how that plays out for two reasons: 1: I think bank fees are ridiculous and 2: Apple has never been ashamed of making their margins.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
03-27-2019, 06:20 AM,
(03-26-2019, 07:09 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: I heard it's made out of titanium. I assume that there won't be any problems with the metal interfering with either the chip, the tap, or the magnetic strip, but I do hope they remember to round the edges so you don't cut yourself on it.

You don't play much in the world of high end credit cards do you? This isn't anything new.
03-27-2019, 07:37 AM,
With a little luck, it just might be possible for Apple to produce these physical cards.  I looked into it, and made several shocking discoveries.

1. Titanium, like most metals on our planet, is not magnetic.
  2. As if by magic, titanium can be fashioned into sheets that do not have sharp edges.
  3. There are existing credit cards that are made from metal.
What times we live in!
03-27-2019, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 09:39 AM by FuturDreamz.)
(03-27-2019, 06:20 AM)Gippy Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:09 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: I heard it's made out of titanium. I assume that there won't be any problems with the metal interfering with either the chip, the tap, or the magnetic strip, but I do hope they remember to round the edges so you don't cut yourself on it.

You don't play much in the world of high end credit cards do you? This isn't anything new.

ohhh well aren't we mr fancy pants with our knowledge of the high end credit card world. Some of us just have a plastic one that gives us change for groceries.
03-27-2019, 10:05 AM,
This is a good use of their capital. Credit card interest rates will provide a much better rate of return than other forms of investment.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

03-27-2019, 11:21 AM,
(03-27-2019, 09:35 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 06:20 AM)Gippy Wrote:

ohhh well aren't we mr fancy pants with our knowledge of the high end credit card world. Some of us just have a plastic one that gives us change for groceries.

And don't you forget it!
03-27-2019, 02:09 PM,
A casual glance tells me that none of the stuff they announced is available in my country, yet. That sucks. I would totally go for that credit card.

I do like that they stress the privacy concerns with everything they announce, because they appear to be the only one of the big tech companies that stand by their promises in that regard and I believe this is the big issue for the times ahead.

(This, “tech journalists”, is where Apple are ahead of the curve like “they used to be”, while you write bland, whiny story after predictable, whiny story about how “they’re just like any other tech company, now.”)
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
03-27-2019, 10:43 PM,
Yeah. Other financial orgs are trying to figure out how they can do numberless cards. It’ll be cool when that is ubiquitous.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter