Makin' Dildos
12-29-2018, 11:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 11:52 AM by Jehannum.)
Makin' Dildos
I bought a 3D printer, and everything 3D printed is a dildo, so I've been making a lot of dildos.

My daughter wanted one because she'd done well at school, so I bought her one off amazon that seemed the least likely to burn my house down, and then found out over the course of owning it that I'd need to spend at least as much as buying a nice brand-name Prusa in the first place in order to make dildos of any quality.

Anyhow, here are some of my dildos.

a benchmark (a little boat with a lot of curves) on my new glass bed:
[Image: 20181203_193744.jpg]

a dildo to keep my car from smelling like gas all the time, after adding a new bulkhead connector for my fuel pump that was too tall for the original inspection cover:
[Image: 20181223_152255_HDR.jpg]

A margarita rim salting dildo in Presidential-complexion orange
[Image: IMG_20180624_082205.jpg]

Some fuel hose clamping dildos to hold the fancy -6AN fuel lines underneath my GTO.
[Image: IMG_20180610_123236.jpg]

Just in case you thought I was kidding about the dildo part...
[Image: 20181222_194032.jpg]

Anybody else printing off their own dildos? Dildoes? Dildii? Dildodes?
12-29-2018, 09:36 PM,
RE: Makin' Dildos
I swore off printers a long time ago, but am now considering buying a 4-in-1 Canon because last week I had to rush out in sordid weather at the last minute to print out our tickets for the night train, which I’d forgotten to take care of at work.

Am I a Luddite for wanting to buy a 2D printer in this dildo-printing age?
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
12-29-2018, 11:09 PM,
I bought a dildo machine probably three years ago now. It's a printrbot simple metal, and I haven't printed anything in a while. Printrbot has since gone under, heh.

I've used it to make actual dildoes.  I modeled a weird dildo that holds an electronic candle on the window sill.  It's fragile, but it works.  I used it to create a clip-on bat signal for my old iPhone.  It snaps on over the flash and works great when you're waiting outside a conference room with frosted glass and the previous meeting just can't seem to wrap it up.

And I've printed dildoes from Thingiverse, too.  I think.  Probably.  I don't know.  But most of the joy for me is designing my own thing to solve a particular problem. The problem is that it's a slow process and as iterate, my workflow is kinda like this: build a dildo, print it, fix it, print it, fix it, lose interest.

I printed some security cameras on ball and socket mounts so that I can pretend to keep an eye on things. I designed them to be placed on top of street signs. My plan was to place them in peculiar locations, photograph them, share them on social media and see if others printed and placed their own. I got as far as putting them on my desk lamp. One was over the bathroom mirror for a while. If they didn't take hours to make, I might have gone through with it.

A few years ago, when TinkerCAD was still low-res or die, I made a lightsaber handle.  It captures the essence of dildo quite nicely.

I was riffing on the idea of building an arduino-powered tuner / scale finder. A stepper motor and some LEDs would make this come to life.  But I lost interest after I made this little prototype.  It's two pieces, the inside one holds a paper print out, the outside one has holes that allow certain notes to peek out. I made a flat one too but it won't photograph well because it doesn't have a piece of paper in it... I tried to emboss the notes, and that failed.  Someday I could remake it but I won't. Shown in C.

And finally, this thing gets the most use.  It's a checkbox maker that sits in my notebook.  I seldom use it to make checkboxes, but it's a great bookmark / straight edge / measuring tool.  It's designed for a 5mm grid (my last notebook was Shinola and had a 5mm grid).

12-30-2018, 04:25 AM,
We have a community printer at work. But I've got enough lack of imagination to think of anything but actual dildoes to print with the thing...
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
12-30-2018, 08:16 AM,
(12-30-2018, 04:25 AM)Gippy Wrote: We have a community printer at work. But I've got enough lack of imagination to think of anything but actual dildoes to print with the thing...

It's one of those tools that expands its usefulness over time, kinda like my MIG welder.
12-30-2018, 08:58 AM,
(12-29-2018, 09:36 PM)Alien Wrote: I swore off printers a long time ago, but am now considering buying a 4-in-1 Canon because last week I had to rush out in sordid weather at the last minute to print out our tickets for the night train, which I’d forgotten to take care of at work.

I just refurbished my old Laserjet 2100. 16 years old now and still going strong.
12-30-2018, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 10:05 AM by FuturDreamz.)
I'm not that brave so I just have a 2d printer. Those things are a necessity in emergencies so I have a dirt cheap laser so I never get caught with my pants down.
[Image: IMG-20181229-170405.jpg]
My dad has an old StyleWriter that he still uses
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
12-30-2018, 12:10 PM,
(12-30-2018, 08:58 AM)Gippy Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:36 PM)Alien Wrote: I swore off printers a long time ago, but am now considering buying a 4-in-1 Canon because last week I had to rush out in sordid weather at the last minute to print out our tickets for the night train, which I’d forgotten to take care of at work.

I just refurbished my old Laserjet 2100. 16 years old now and still going strong.

I have a 2600.  I refurbished it shortly after I got it, and it pissed me off to no end that all the wiring harnesses inside were populated with only purple wires.