New Apple stuffsies!
10-31-2018, 06:46 PM,
New Apple stuffsies!
Thank you very much, Tim Cook, for affirming that I made the right decision, two months ago, buying a MacBook rather than waiting for new hardware. I like the new MacBook Air, but I like my tiny MacBook better. Thunderbolt 3 would have been nice, but I really don't connect anything past USB to my mobile machine, anyway.

I also like the new Mini, which is a kick-ass small server machine; but since Apple are abandoning macOS Server, I am abandoning Apple hardware for serving. My old Mini will do just fine hosting a couple of macOS VM's for a while just yet, and everything else can be moved to ex-datacenter hardware.

The new iPad Pro makes me wish it was time for a new iPad, already, but I'm sure I'll end up with even sexier stuff by just sticking to my normal upgrade cycle. My dad's in the market for a new iPad, so I might get to fondle an eleven-incher soon enough.
10-31-2018, 10:46 PM,
RE: New Apple stuffsies!
I like the looks of the new mini. And I’ve been pondering if I should try an iPad again. But really I just don’t need anything right now.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
10-31-2018, 11:44 PM,
(10-31-2018, 06:46 PM)Alien Wrote: … fondle an eleven-incher soon enough.

Something tells me this won't be the first time.
11-01-2018, 07:55 AM,
I like the idea of an iPad. I've never gotten into the groove of using one. Since getting an iMac, I want something portable for those times I just want to sit elsewhere. But could I do my job on an iPad? I don't think I could. But who knows. The Pencil tap upgrade has me thinking about it. Not that it'd replace my paper and pencil, but who knows.

And as for the mini: I can never think of a use case for one. I've tried. Each time I arrive at the conclusion that either an iMac or a Raspberry Pi is a better fit.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
11-01-2018, 08:02 AM,
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MAC PRO UPDATE!!!1!
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

11-02-2018, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 12:37 PM by Kev.)
I've put off updating computers as long as I dare, hell I've never owned one this long before in my life but my early 2008 8 core mac pro is just getting too long in the tooth.
I guess I'm stuck getting an iMac since there is still no mac pro update.
Debating now on i5 or i7, the thought of a silent i5 does have some appeal.
I guess it's not like I'm marrying the thing, if I hate it I can get something else better when apple finally releases it.
11-15-2018, 02:53 AM,
Very pleased with I5 and SSD.
I really tried to use the magic mouse but after 7 hours went back to my beloved logitech.
11-15-2018, 08:15 AM,
The magic mouse is horrible. I like the idea of the magic trackpad, too, but also couldn't stick with it.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
11-15-2018, 10:21 AM,
I'm all in on magic trackpad. I just dig it.

My only gripe with the wireless keys/trackpad is the lightning port. It should have a depressed area around the port so that it's easier to plug in by feel. Like MS does with their accessible xbox controller.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
11-15-2018, 01:47 PM,
It's weird to not have the startup chime anymore.
Kinda throws you when you've been used to hearing it for decades.
11-15-2018, 04:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 04:51 PM by Skippy.)
(11-15-2018, 01:47 PM)Kev Wrote: It's weird to not have the startup chime anymore.
Kinda throws you when you've been used to hearing it for decades.

That's the big thing I noticed with my mid-2017 iMac. End of an era, that. Also don't like that they took away the optical output in the headphone jack. Probably very few people used it, but just having it was nice.

Would have probably ordered the Magic Trackpad for my iMac would I not had to have purchased it on top of the Magic Mouse. I prefer mousing for most things, and I enjoy my Logitech mice, but I wish I hadn't gone through so damn many of them.
11-15-2018, 11:20 PM,
I'd love to try the magic trackpad, but the only place I use an external with my machines is at work, and they're a no wireless zone.
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
11-15-2018, 11:44 PM,
I love my Magic Trackpad.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

11-16-2018, 02:02 AM,
I don't use keyboards/mice much any more. I'm all laptops and I just plug in to a display and use the keyboard and trackpad on the laptop. Its so much simpler.
11-26-2018, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 08:32 AM by Gippy.)
I'm actually waffling on wether to buy a Mini or not. I've got a 13" MBP (left over after upgrading the wife to a USB-C MacBook) that Apple will give me $490 on in trade-up. The main reasons I want to do this are the MBP can't drive a 4K monitor for shit (at least not with MacOS. Its better with Ubuntu) and I want an "always on" computer again to be the main iTunes storage and such.
12-29-2018, 08:17 AM,
I kinda want to buy new everything now to standardize on USB-C.
12-29-2018, 09:32 PM,
That’s the spirit!
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie