I bought a Time Capsule
09-19-2018, 04:32 AM,
I bought a Time Capsule
Actually, I bought two. One to extend my home network, and one for my apartment in Germany. My backups have never been so redundant and off site.
09-19-2018, 04:33 AM,
RE: I bought a Time Capsule
I’m also planning to VPN the German one to the Mac Mini at home, but haven’t gotten around to that, yet.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
09-19-2018, 06:09 AM,
lemony fresh.
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
09-19-2018, 06:11 AM,
I run mine off my debian server, and that backs up to crashplan (or w/e they're called now that they're "small business" oriented).
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
09-19-2018, 10:50 AM,
I still have a Time Capsule, but its just for backups. It sits off the router just absorbing all my shitty data.
I need to reformat it, though. There's a backup on there that I don't need any more and Apple in its infinite wisdom decided that there's no other way to remove a backup than to reformat the entire drive.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
09-19-2018, 07:40 PM,
I'm a little envious of your off-site multi-country backup solution, but I'm not envious of the hardware. Sure, it's convenient, but the Time Capsule never charred my tree.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
09-19-2018, 10:28 PM,
(09-19-2018, 07:40 PM)roo Wrote: […] it's convenient, but […]
No buts. I spend all my working days keeping systems running smoothly. I don't need that shit in my free time.
09-19-2018, 10:31 PM,
I used to back up to my parents' Time Capsule (well, my old Time Capsule at my parents' house, really), too, for redundancy and geographic separation. But I don't visit there often enough so Time Machine starts nagging me about it being so many days ago since I backed up to that particular TC.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie