Trump is fucking killing it
07-28-2018, 08:27 AM,
Trump is fucking killing it
And yes, I'll be dropping f-bombs all up and down this thread because there are two Fs in tariff.

I know that we have a number of OMFG TRUMP IS THE WORSTED threads, and you guys love it.  This is the thread you need but you'll never admit it. I hate to admit it, but he's fucking killing it.  And if he isn't, the nation is killing it in spite of him. Spoiler alert: it's both.

Seriously though.  Pick a goddamned topic.

Finance

This guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth bucked predictions.

2016 Stock Market outlook was doom and gloom.  S&P to remain under 2,000.  Sad face.  Uh... WRONG.  S&P is more than 2,800 today.  It almost immediately cleared 2,000 and ended closer to 2,300 at the end of 2016.  Experts?  Wrong.  

DPRK

Trump told "rocket man" to STFU and it worked.  DPRK is Trump's bitch now.  Kim even sent him a gigantic thank you note and returned the remains of fallen US soldiers.

Middle East

The strong arm worked with DPRK, hard-balling Iran will work too.  The rest of the Middle East will get in line right quick.  They know that peak oil isn't about running out of oil in the ground and that it's about all fucking renewables in the US.  They're done.  They know it.  They'll all cowtow.  Solar panels solve all of the Middle East problems, and since the fucking tariffs on Chinese panels, that shit's covered.

Trade

World = pwnt.  Trump just fucking does it.  Giant mother fucking tariffs on all that foreign shit.  This policy makes it cheaper to manufacture in the US and might just help the middle class.  You know, since Chick-Fil-A pays $34k minimum and Harley is all sad about expensive foreign parts... oh yes, Trump set Harley's shit straight.  Live to ride can go suck it.

And Jina?  They've been playing dirty and the US hasn't the balls to push back.  Not anymore.  Trump tariffed that shit.  Oh, there'll be some collateral damage, but US will win.  It's ballsy, but it's about time.  Maybe the tariff will take WalMart with it.  One can hope.

Human Rights

Pass.

Russia

In Trump's pocket.  Say what you will about how Trump is being played and that you don't know what he said to Putin, and blah blah blah.  The man's track record is FUCK YEAH USA so I have no reason to doubt that he'll not fall for some Putin ruse. Not that Putin isn't crafty enough or that Putin doesn't know how to deal with a gangster, but honestly, they're not in the same league here.  Putin will still ravage the leaky digital infrastructure that's coming out of Silicon Valley, but to little avail.

Yes. He's brazen and unpolished.  Call him a boor or a heathen.  Whatever.  He's fucking killing it.  He's getting more shit done than any other president in recent memory.

And to all of you fucking pessimists: I will mock your responses.
07-28-2018, 09:50 AM,
RE: Trump is fucking killing it
source your quotes
smapdi Wrote:I do declare that losing one's anal virginity sure is a memorable time.
07-28-2018, 09:58 AM,
(07-28-2018, 09:50 AM)Geesie Wrote: source your quotes

Typical.
07-28-2018, 11:07 AM,
I wanna know where you copied that from.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
07-28-2018, 03:24 PM,
I heard NK is lying and is quietly restarting their programs. Just they have to re-dig their mountain first.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
07-28-2018, 03:51 PM,
NK has broken many “deals” throughout the years. They’ve also in the past returned animal remains when promising US soldier remains.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
07-28-2018, 04:12 PM,
History will ultimately tell on the economy.

Quote:Trade and inventories together are contributing around 2.2 percent to headline GDP — nearly half of the growth we are estimating,” Morgan Stanley analysts wrote in a note to clients this week. “We find evidence that the hefty contributions from these two categories is likely a reflection of stockpiling ahead of the implementation of trade tariffs, and so they are likely to subtract from growth in the following quarters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/2...act-714078

Quote:The quarter’s figures were pumped up by a range of one-time factors that are unlikely to recur. Most forecasters expect growth to cool in the second half of the year — even without factoring in the possibility of a trade war, which corporate executives in recent weeks have cited as a source of uncertainty that could force them to pare hiring and investment plans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/busin...y-gdp.html
07-28-2018, 09:35 PM,
(07-28-2018, 04:12 PM)Gippy Wrote: History will ultimately tell on the economy.

Quote:Trade and inventories together are contributing around 2.2 percent to headline GDP — nearly half of the growth we are estimating,” Morgan Stanley analysts wrote in a note to clients this week. “We find evidence that the hefty contributions from these two categories is likely a reflection of stockpiling ahead of the implementation of trade tariffs, and so they are likely to subtract from growth in the following quarters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/2...act-714078

Quote:The quarter’s figures were pumped up by a range of one-time factors that are unlikely to recur. Most forecasters expect growth to cool in the second half of the year — even without factoring in the possibility of a trade war, which corporate executives in recent weeks have cited as a source of uncertainty that could force them to pare hiring and investment plans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/busin...y-gdp.html

You're a pessimist who is living in denial.  The markets have done nothing short of grow under Trump's presidency.
07-28-2018, 09:36 PM,
(07-28-2018, 03:24 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: I heard NK is lying and is quietly restarting their programs. Just they have to re-dig their mountain first.

You're not an authority on this topic.
07-28-2018, 09:37 PM,
(07-28-2018, 03:51 PM)Gippy Wrote: NK has broken many “deals” throughout the years. They’ve also in the past returned animal remains when promising US soldier remains.

Under previous administrations, this may be true. Not under Trump's.  More pessimism.
07-29-2018, 12:23 AM,
True, the golden rod’s royal aura and steep intellect are sure to tip the scales here.
07-29-2018, 12:27 AM,
https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/trump-n...ress-lies/
07-29-2018, 12:41 AM,
(07-29-2018, 12:23 AM)Gippy Wrote: True, the golden rod’s royal aura and steep intellect are sure to tip the scales here.

Speaking of aura and intellect... your ceaseless ranting sounds a lot like what you're complaining about.
07-29-2018, 01:25 AM,
You might need to dumb that down for me.
07-29-2018, 02:56 AM,
Consider it a challenge
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
07-29-2018, 04:18 AM,
Shame, I’d been told for so long I was a coastal elite that I just assumed I was smart.
07-29-2018, 06:01 AM,
(07-29-2018, 04:18 AM)Gippy Wrote: Shame, I’d been told for so long I was a coastal elite that I just assumed I was smart.

Your access to information vastly exceeds your ability to process said information and recognize incongruities and missing data.
07-29-2018, 11:30 AM,
Those are big words. That must be true.
07-29-2018, 11:38 AM,
(07-29-2018, 04:18 AM)Gippy Wrote: Shame, I’d been told for so long I was a coastal elite that I just assumed I was smart.

See?  This is progress.