I bought an Apple Watch
06-06-2018, 12:32 AM,
I bought an Apple Watch
Because I felt like it.
06-06-2018, 12:45 AM,
RE: I bought an Apple Watch
LEMONY FRESH
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
06-06-2018, 12:45 AM,
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN IT DOESN'T RUN AN iPHONE/OS X HYBRID TYPE OS EVENT?
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
06-06-2018, 12:52 AM,
I’ve been happy with mine.
What’s really impressive is that I’m on day 3 of a vacation where I forgot the charger and it still has 50% battery life.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
06-06-2018, 12:56 AM,
Obviously I only bought it because I am an Apple Sheeple and I don't know anything about what goes on in the world.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
06-06-2018, 01:06 AM,
Ignorance is bliss.
A massage doesn't always have to lead to sex, but if it doesn't then you're doing it wrong.
06-06-2018, 03:41 PM,
Killer app, so far: Pokémon, obviously.
(06-06-2018, 12:52 AM)Gippy Wrote: I’ve been happy with mine.
What’s really impressive is that I’m on day 3 of a vacation where I forgot the charger and it still has 50% battery life.
I wore it straight outta the box, yesterday, and charged it overnight. I have no clue of the battery status. You're going to have to tell my things, because I don't read manuals.

I'm going to have to let go of the habit of taking off my watch at every opportunity (especially at work), if I want it to measure anything usably, as far as my health stats go. It does sit rather comfortably on the arm, so that helps.
06-07-2018, 01:55 AM,
Yeah, health / movement stats are primarily what I want too. The sucky thing is that it thinks my motorcycle commute is a workout. Sad
06-07-2018, 02:05 AM,
(06-06-2018, 12:52 AM)Gippy Wrote: I’ve been happy with mine.

How are you getting that kind of battery life? Do you have every notification method turned off?
06-07-2018, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 06:07 AM by Gippy.)
I have notifications carefully managed on my watch. I get calendar notifications, bank notifications, text notifications and call notifications. Everything else is turned off. There are very few apps installed on it as well. I uninstall most. I use it mostly for tracking workouts (when I remember to turn them on).

The phone is for my convenience, not everyone else's.

Also, using most apps on the watch is akin to running a cheese grater over your face, so I've got little interest in them.
06-07-2018, 06:44 AM,
I just have a Blaze. It does what I need and is half the price.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
06-07-2018, 08:22 PM,
I've had mine for the better part of a year. I find it to be lackluster. It's big and clunky and inaccurate. Apple's big announcement this week was that it'll now better detect a workout... that shouldn't be a big deal, that's what this thing is meant to do.

The rings are dumb. It's a nag and its irritating. It has prompted me at close to 22:00 to "just take a brisk 27 minute walk" to close my rings, but it knows I am not active that late in the day.

It's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate and review the shit it does.

The screen usually turns on when I turn my wrist, but not always. That's annoying.

Complications are limited.

I like the vibration on my wrist for notifications, it's noticeable. Now I feel phantom vibrations on my wrist.

Some app integrations are slick... but not generally useful due to the fact that they can't generally display enough information. It's like the watch says, "HEY! LISTEN UP! Check your phone for something." I don't need a fancy color touch screen in a heavy case strapped to my wrist for that. Fossil does that better.

But I'm committed to at least a year with this thing... with the dream of leaving my giant ass phone in my messenger bag instead of my pocket. The dream is still just a dream.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
06-08-2018, 12:19 AM,
I did not opt for the LTE version so I’ve accepted that it’ll be an extension of the phone and I’ll always need both. Maybe in the future I’ll pay those extra $$ for freedom.
06-08-2018, 12:28 AM,
Tuesday I got a reminder that I only had a minute more to go in order to complete my Exercise ring for the day. Normally that would be helpful to know, but I received the notice during a run. Wtf
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

06-08-2018, 12:37 AM,
(06-07-2018, 08:22 PM)roo Wrote: I've had mine for the better part of a year. I find it to be lackluster. It's big and clunky and inaccurate. Apple's big announcement this week was that it'll now better detect a workout... that shouldn't be a big deal, that's what this thing is meant to do.

The rings are dumb. It's a nag and its irritating. It has prompted me at close to 22:00 to "just take a brisk 27 minute walk" to close my rings, but it knows I am not active that late in the day.

It's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate and review the shit it does.

The screen usually turns on when I turn my wrist, but not always. That's annoying.

Complications are limited.

I like the vibration on my wrist for notifications, it's noticeable. Now I feel phantom vibrations on my wrist.

Some app integrations are slick... but not generally useful due to the fact that they can't generally display enough information. It's like the watch says, "HEY! LISTEN UP! Check your phone for something." I don't need a fancy color touch screen in a heavy case strapped to my wrist for that. Fossil does that better.

But I'm committed to at least a year with this thing... with the dream of leaving my giant ass phone in my messenger bag instead of my pocket. The dream is still just a dream.
Maybe you just need some other janky Chinese attempt at integrating IOS and MacOS X that costs less to make you truly happy.
06-08-2018, 07:23 AM,
Yes. Bring on the junk. It'll cost me money first, then my time.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
06-08-2018, 12:17 PM,
Or... A Fitbit. They're cheaper, and if all you need is notifications and activity tracking then the Blaze works great. The Versa is much better, and only a little bit more.
06-08-2018, 08:51 PM,
Fitbit doesn't work with Airpods.
06-08-2018, 09:52 PM,
http://bgr.com/2018/06/07/apple-watch-la...no-reason/

Good luck.
06-09-2018, 01:45 AM,
I've got a samsung gear sport, got all the fitness tracker shit turned off that i could. Need to uninstall a few things i suppose.
Beats the hell out of looking at my phone to see who's calling and can read and reply to texts while driving.
I got this model specifically because it works with my samsung phones perfectly and it's dust and waterproof to 150 feet.
Wear it farming and just wash it in the sink, looks like new.
Battery life is days.
06-09-2018, 02:03 AM,
(06-09-2018, 01:45 AM)Kev Wrote: and can read and reply to texts while driving.

Most of the time that I encounter a driver that almost runs me over this is what they’re doing.
06-09-2018, 02:31 AM,
(06-09-2018, 02:03 AM)Gippy Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:45 AM)Kev Wrote: and can read and reply to texts while driving.

Most of the time that I encounter a driver that almost runs me over this is what they’re doing.

Fortunately, most of Kev's driving is done by the GPS in his tractor.
06-09-2018, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 02:53 AM by Gippy.)
I'd support this for most drivers on most roads.
Ya know, AFTER we've figured out how to keep cars from eating pedestrians...
06-09-2018, 03:16 AM,
(06-08-2018, 07:23 AM)roo Wrote: Yes. Bring on the junk. It'll cost me money first, then my time.

I'll wave my junk at you, but it'll cost you $5.
06-09-2018, 03:20 AM,
(06-09-2018, 03:16 AM)Jehannum Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 07:23 AM)roo Wrote: Yes.  Bring on the junk. It'll cost me money first, then my time.

I'll wave my junk at you, but it'll cost you $5.

Shouldn't it only be $2.50?