I need another iPhone
12-15-2017, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 09:28 PM by Alien.)
I need another iPhone
Well, technically, I don't need one, but I want access to my work stuff and fuck if I'm handing the keys to my personal iPhone to the IT Services demogorgons.

The contenders are:
  1. iPhone SE. Pros: cheap, small. Cons: old (rumoured to be replaced in 2018Q1 but I can't wait that long), small.
  2. iPhone 6s. Pros: cheap(ish). Cons: old, though current.
  3. iPhone 6s+. Pros: same as 6s but with a bigger screen which is nice for typing. Cons: same price as 7 which is newer, as big as my 7+ which will make caring two of them a silly proposition.
  4. iPhone 7. The wife has one. I already own a 7+. Like it. Pros: somewhat newer than the two options above. Cons: also somewhat more expensive, so why not spring for an 8, then?
  5. iPhone 8. Pros: latest and greatest. Cons: expensive, feels weird to dedicate a "better" phone to work than I have for myself, even if it's slightly smaller.
I'm leaning towards the 6s(+). Now tell me I'm leaning right or not and why.

PS: it's going to be an iPhone. Fuck off, Potardo.
12-15-2017, 09:52 PM,
RE: I need another iPhone
I have a 6s+. It performs sufficiently. The size is shit. It's like the Ford Focus/Fiesta of phones: it's uncomfortable to operate and travel with, its overpriced, and it doesn't do anything special given its unusual size. Its battery life was exceptional before the last major iOS update, now it's on par with every other phone: it'll go about a day. I won't buy another tablet-sized phone from Apple unless it adopts the capabilities of a tablet.

My coworker has a 6+. She is unhappy about how slow it is after recent iOS updates. She demonstrated it. Apps take a comically long time to launch. That could be isolated to her device, I don't know.

If I were you, I'd treat myself to an 8 and use the existing phone for work. Or I'd deal with whatever device your employer is willing to issue. Good luck.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
12-15-2017, 10:59 PM,
Okay, so now it's between the 6+ and the 7. I doubt DB will issue me with a phone, seeing as I'm a hired gun. The budget option from the company store is the SE. Like (the idea of) the diminutive size, don't like that its insides date back to the opening scenes of 2001. I just bought the 7+ for myself last spring, I can't really justify to myself buying an 8+ already. Maybe my accountant can, though. I'll ask.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
12-16-2017, 12:13 AM,
I think I would buy the newest for personal use, then assign the 7+ to work use.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

12-16-2017, 04:59 AM,
(12-16-2017, 12:13 AM)agedgruel Wrote: I think I would buy the newest for personal use, then assign the 7+ to work use.

++

No need to make the shiny new one the work phone.
12-16-2017, 05:42 AM,
I’ve got an old 6 sitting here doing nothing. The lightning port is fussy but you could have it for free*
It is an AT&T model, so if that is compatible I think I’d just need to go and get it unlocked.

* shipping and handling charges apply
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
12-16-2017, 06:20 AM,
*has not been dropped in toilet
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
01-02-2018, 02:24 AM,
Gip sent me an iPhone 6. (And a cutout paper penis with only one testicle which I hope for Puddles’ sake wasn’t to scale.)

It has a headphone jack! How awesome is that? (Spoiler: not awesome st all. I use an iPod Classic.)
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
01-02-2018, 02:37 AM,
Gip is teh shiat
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

01-02-2018, 04:48 AM,
(01-02-2018, 02:24 AM)Alien Wrote: Gip sent me an iPhone 6. (And a cutout paper penis with only one testicle which I hope for Puddles’ sake wasn’t to scale.)

It has a headphone jack! How awesome is that? (Spoiler: not awesome st all. I use an iPod Classic.)

Unfortunately the cutout was bigger Whaa
01-02-2018, 04:54 AM,
[Image: B1b13Dp.gif]