Treefort54 Party Headquarters

Full Version: I got an iPhone 7+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's very big.
I have the 6s+. I agree that the most prominent feature is that it's very big.

Also, I don't like it because it's too big. I've dropped it several times because it's hard to hold. It requires two hands to operate. It doesn't fit nicely in my pocket. Almost none of the software leverages the larger screen in a meaningful way.

But it has better battery life, so there's that.
Yeah, but I'm an Aryan demi-god, so it's fine.
Big step up, considering I came from a4S, though. Hey: think of all the money I saved!
I'm considering replacing my 5, as the battery is becoming less robust with each passing day. I know it won't be with a 6 plus or a 7 plus, as while I could be classified a demi-god my pockets are not.
It's hilarious how huge the bezel is though. My mom got an iPhone 6s Plus (I persuaded her away from the 7 series because of the no headphone jack thing) and it dwarfs my old Moto X Play, despite both devices having a 5.5" screen.
What is hilarious is that you think anyone here cares.
(05-31-2017, 01:38 AM)agedgru el Wrote: [ -> ]What is hilarious is that you think anyone here cares.

(05-31-2017, 01:15 AM)agedgruel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm considering replacing my 5, as the battery is becoming less robust with each passing day. I know it won't be with a 6 plus or a 7 plus, as while I could be classified a demi-god my pockets are not.
(05-31-2017, 01:15 AM)agedgruel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm considering replacing my 5, as the battery is becoming less robust with each passing day. I know it won't be with a 6 plus or a 7 plus, as while I could be classified a demi-god my pockets are not.
Stop wearing skinny jeans. You're not doing anyone any favours.
(05-31-2017, 03:52 AM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]

Especially when you don't have anything to show off.
(05-31-2017, 03:52 AM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]

I was referring to the pockets in my running shorts. I don't want to run with a mini tablet in my shorts. And no, that's not a euphemism.
(05-30-2017, 03:11 PM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]It's very big.

Oh thank fuck for that, I thought we were going to hear more about your schvantz.

:p
Aryan or not, I would wager that your thumb lacks the range to effortlessly hit icons along the opposite side of the device. Notably the bottom row and top row.

Oh sure, I can reach them, but it's awkward. It saps the joy from using the device.
It's a stretch using the 6. I don't think I'd want a plus. That dual camera is the only enticing feature.
I've not taken any pictures with it, yet. I consciously opted for the Plus. My mom has one (a 6 or 6S), because she always keeps her phone in her handbag and used even her 4 with two hands almost always. My wife, however, is a hobbit. She might opt for a nonplus or even an SE. We'll see. Her 5 still works just fine and I just got her a new iPad Pro, so her tech needs are covered for the foreseeable future. My sister just got an SE, because she explicitly wanted a small phone. I myself am still pondering getting an SE, too, for those times when I don't want a phablet. Although I went for a bike ride the day I got it, and it fits fine in a jersey pocket. Time will tell. Maybe when the SE is refreshed, later this year.
It's funny you mention phablet. I am so disappointed with my plus when I think of it as having anything in common with a tablet (other than its size). Sure, mail has a two pane interface in landscape mode and landscape Safari has tabs that use half of the screen, but aside from that, it's a phone that you can see from space.

And why are new mail messages shown in a modal? That's silly.
I now also replaced the battery in my old 4S. Let's see if that breathes some new life into it.