Treefort54 Party Headquarters

Full Version: Uber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all of the various allegations of breaking laws and refusing to comply with governments, What would happen if the Judges and governments went straight to Apple or Google and demanded/asked them to remove Uber from the app stores?
Demand/ask? Order.
Yeah. It would take a court order. Depending upon the reasoning behind it I wager both companies would fight it in courts to ensure that they don't endanger their ecosystems with frivolous orders.
(04-16-2017, 03:14 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. It would take a court order. Depending upon the reasoning behind it I wager both companies would fight it in courts to ensure that they don't endanger their ecosystems with frivolous orders.

I'm not so sure they would fight it. The allegations against Uber are pretty serous, and they do have backing. I wouldn't be surprised if Uber is genuinely violating Appworld and Play Store's TOS as it is.

And Apple has in the past removed apps because they were ordered to.

Literally Uber's entire company relies on the Android and iPhone apps. If Apple and/or Google was ordered to remove the app, it would be a crippling blow to Uber that they cannot "pivot" from.
Sounds like you have it all figured out, then.