Treefort54 Party Headquarters

Full Version: Redesigned Mac Pro coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think we ever got those GPU upgrades that were promised. What do you think the New Mac Pro will look like? Will it have a 3.5" drive bay? Or will it be 20% thinner and all ports have been replaced with Type-C?
Apple bet on multi gpu and lost.
All I really know is that I still won't be able to afford one.
I'm happy with my system. I'm aware I can build a far better one now, but I just can't seem to find a real justification.
(04-07-2017, 05:46 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]Apple bet on multi gpu and lost.
All I really know is that I still won't be able to afford one.

Yeah, I can afford a brand new Mac Pro when it's 5 years out of date.  

WTF are these emoji things for "Post Icon"?  Where are Oatmeal's smilie faces?! Sandwich
Where did Oatmeal end up anyways????
He took the "The" that Facebook dropped.
(04-25-2017, 09:04 AM)exoguy Wrote: [ -> ]Where did Oatmeal end up anyways????

[Image: attachment.php?aid=298]
(04-06-2017, 03:19 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we ever got those GPU upgrades that were promised. What do you think the New Mac Pro will look like? Will it have a 3.5" drive bay? Or will it be 20% thinner and all ports have been replaced with Type-C?

NVidia's starting to release drivers for OS X for their recent cards.

Better late than never?
But they're still single core. The trash can pro was designed in anticipation of multi core gpu availability and that just fizzled out.

That said, I wanna buy a used one. I think that it would last me quite some time.
(04-27-2017, 02:12 AM)Jehannum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 03:19 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we ever got those GPU upgrades that were promised. What do you think the New Mac Pro will look like? Will it have a 3.5" drive bay? Or will it be 20% thinner and all ports have been replaced with Type-C?

NVidia's starting to release drivers for OS X for their recent cards.

Better late than never?

Great, now just pop open your Mac Pro, stick in a pair of GTX 1080s, and... oh.
(04-27-2017, 04:33 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]That said, I wanna buy a used one. I think that it would last me quite some time.
Fuck yeah. I will have one, at some point. I still own my Cube, too, even though it sits in the attic, boxed up.
(04-27-2017, 04:33 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]But they're still single core. The trash can pro was designed in anticipation of multi core gpu availability and that just fizzled out.

That said, I wanna buy a used one. I think that it would last me quite some time.

I understand all those words, but they're in a completely foreign context for me.
Welcome to my life...