Treefort54 Party Headquarters

Full Version: The Grand Tour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I watched it.  Yes, it comes with guilt knowing that the hilarious lead presented punched a guy.

It's good.  It's very much Top Gear.  The Stig is gone, and while they've got professional drivers to take up the slack, it's not the same. IMVHO the best part of the Stig was his silence and unwavering, expressionless veneer that was so easy to overdub or write a story about.  But it's not a deal breaker.

But the rest of the show picks up right where Top Gear left off... with Clarkson trash-talking Hammond's Porsche 918.  There are segments that feel forced, but that's OK.  There are still some surprises and a few belly laughs, so it all works out.

I'll watch the next one too, and I'll feel perhaps slightly less guilty... I mean... it's already paid for, right?  I mean, if I were going to make stand, I'd have cancelled Prime. And I didn't.  :emo:
I'm glad it's good. I already worked out any guilt about watching it.
And they started off awkwardly on Top Gear as well, so maybe they just need to grow back in to it.
Amazon Instant is not available in Canada last I checked.

But oh well. Once the novelty of the sheer absurdity wore off I found it to be just a melange of idiots who occasionally put themselves and others into severe danger.
Like putting on an old comfortable! jacket.

Will watch again.
I do wish, though, that Apple would just let Amazon Video on to the Apple TV. The Amazon Video client built in to my TV sucks and I don't want to have to watch this on my computer. This was all pixelated to Shit.
The Amazon app on Tivo works well. Though, Tivo only has a handful of services, amazon is among them. I don't use AppleTV that often.
The amazon app for my Wii-U completely bailed on me, I had to plug the HDMI cord into my laptop like some kind of fukn' peasant.
All streaming is hit-or-miss on the Wii U. It took FOREVER for the Netflix app to get the family accounts update.
(11-22-2016, 12:18 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]All streaming is hit-or-miss on the Wii U. It took FOREVER for the Netflix app to get the family accounts update.

That's because it's an abandoned platform.  I should just get a Roku like a normal person.
The smart TVs with Roku built in are pretty decent...

I'm not at that point, but since the Xbox and PS4 don't do In-house I was looking at eventually just building a mini-pc that does bluray, netflix, LAN streaming, PS Now, Steam In-house, eta. Problem is I think it will be very hard to find a solution that is visitor-friendly.
Also: I just NOW found out that Amazon Prime Video is tentatively available in Canada. I was able to log into the US site and stream the Grand Tour from there with my Canadian prime mambership https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J94A5GQ/

Seems that support is pretty hit or miss. GT works, but a bunch of movies I checked were blocked.
Ep 2 really sucked. 3 was great. Hammond really played his role well. I could have done without Clarkson's car in Ep 4, it was more disturbing than funny.
(12-10-2016, 09:16 PM)roo Wrote: [ -> ]Ep 2 really sucked. 3 was great.  Hammond really played his role well.  I could have done without Clarkson's car in Ep 4, it was more disturbing than funny.

I haven't watched 4, but I completely agree with the first part.
Also, my Wii-U still hasn't worked to watch it. Still plugging the HDMI into my laptop.
I haven't watched 3 or 4. To be honest the show entirely slipped my mind.
Shrug
(12-11-2016, 01:51 AM)Jehannum Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2016, 09:16 PM)roo Wrote: [ -> ]Ep 2 really sucked. 3 was great.  Hammond really played his role well.  I could have done without Clarkson's car in Ep 4, it was more disturbing than funny.

I haven't watched 4, but I completely agree with the first part.

It was definitely a disturbing car. I wonder if that poor mic guy is going to be okay... At least grandma wasn't involved in it's making (probably).

But it's insanely awesome. I'm glad to see that their back to their stupid antics - though this time I'm all caught up so I can't get sick of it by doing a marathon.

I kept expecting a literal shark attack during the Celebrity bits though.
Oh hey Rotterdam! Are you in the audience Alien?
Oh who cares. They're playing Battleships with limos!
I'll probably see it, at some point. Never had more than a cursory interest in the show, although I don't actively dislike it.
They shot a small hatchback through a cannon. And used several more as missiles.
oh my god that is so awesome
(12-16-2016, 04:07 PM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-t...een-cities

So, you're bitter, then?
I consider it mostly folklore. There are those who take this crap very, very seriously, though.
Did anyone catch the Monty Python reference form this week?

Also: Go Focus! itzyerburfdae!
Pages: 1 2