Treefort54 Party Headquarters

Full Version: *cough*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Mobile Workers: ‘I Want My BlackBerry Back’ - CIO
Quote:At a well-known investment firm in New York City, something strange is happening: Mobile app performance issues and privacy concerns have sparked a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) revolt, and now many employees are asking for their corporate BlackBerry back.

*Please note that there will be no refunds for time spent reading this thread or any articles linked to within this thread.
Wanting your work to provide the tools you need to work is not the same as wanting a blackberry.
Apparently it is.
"I don't want to surrender my iPhone to your deployment software, so provide me with a Blackberry" does not mean "I prefer Blackberries over iPhones".
(07-26-2014, 02:28 AM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]"I don't want to surrender my iPhone to your deployment software, so provide me with a Blackberry" does not mean "I prefer Blackberries over iPhones".

They may be thinking that when they ask for their Blackberry, but once they get one of the new Blackberry 10 devices and realize how BB Balance works they'll change their tune.
I'm sure we'll be seeing the effects of that in Blackberry's sales results, soon, then!
We are seeing it right now.
(07-26-2014, 07:54 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]We are seeing it right now.

I haven't seen an actual blackberry since Sandia started their iPhone pilot program, where the owners of corporate blackberries were given the option to swap out for (corporate) iPhones.
I knew someone with a perfectly good blackberry. We gave her an old, cracked iPhone and she was ecstatic about the "upgrade".
(07-26-2014, 07:54 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]We are seeing it right now.
No, we're not.
(07-30-2014, 06:17 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]Awwwww http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07...-says.html
Quote:The second largest U.S. automaker will replace BlackBerry Ltd.’s smartphones with iPhones for about 3,300 workers by the end of this year, Sara Tatchio, a Ford spokeswoman, said today in an interview. About 6,000 more employees will receive iPhones over the next two years, replacing flip phones, she said.
No mention about which MDM. Should be interesting.

Quote:Ford’s move away from BlackBerry contrasts with its decision to use the Waterloo, Ontario-based company’s QNX in the next-generation version of its Sync in-car technology system. The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker chose to replace Microsoft Corp.’s system with QNX, people briefed on the matter said in February.

Still a customer.
(07-30-2014, 07:19 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2014, 06:17 AM)Gippy Wrote: [ -> ]Awwwww http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07...-says.html
Quote:The second largest U.S. automaker will replace BlackBerry Ltd.’s smartphones with iPhones for about 3,300 workers by the end of this year, Sara Tatchio, a Ford spokeswoman, said today in an interview. About 6,000 more employees will receive iPhones over the next two years, replacing flip phones, she said.
No mention about which MDM. Should be interesting.

Quote:Ford’s move away from BlackBerry contrasts with its decision to use the Waterloo, Ontario-based company’s QNX in the next-generation version of its Sync in-car technology system. The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker chose to replace Microsoft Corp.’s system with QNX, people briefed on the matter said in February.

Still a customer.

[attachment=121]

QNX is about the only thing BB has left to sell that people want. It's pretty much either that or DOS until Kitten is released to the world if you need an RTOS.
http://crackberry.com/nigerians-are-givi...blackberry

Quote:A new report from the Nigerian Tribune shares some insight into how Nigerians are giving up on Android and heading back to BlackBerry after having initially adopted Android devices due big displays, available apps and low hardware pricing, tossing aside the fact the devices cost more due to their data consumption and carrier pricing on data plans.
I'm pen pals with a Nigerian Prince in exile. He wants to give me money!
Blackphonr rooted withing five minuted at defcon - so much for the theory that you can harden someone else's insecure OS. I can see their reasoning thanks to Windows 95 and XP running your nuclear plants, but it's still flawed.
You may want to read up on the nitty-gritty of this hack. Also, I don't think that was quite the point of the Blackphone.
(08-11-2014, 06:26 PM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to read up on the nitty-gritty of this hack. Also, I don't think that was quite the point of the Blackphone.

The point of the blackphone was not to be unhackable?
No device that complex is unhackable.

And: no, it wasn't.
I thought the point was avoiding eavesdropping. There should be no expectation of security if your phone falls into the wrong hands.
(08-12-2014, 06:15 AM)chikiepoo Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the point was avoiding eavesdropping. There should be no expectation of security if your phone falls into the wrong hands.

Right, because all bets are off just because you needed to leave your password-protected phone out of your sight for five minutes.

(08-12-2014, 07:05 AM)Alien Wrote: [ -> ]"Hey BlackBerry idiots, stop miss quoting me on your blogs. Your phone is only "secure" because it has few users and little value as a target"

That's actually a pretty stupid quote. Especially when a significant portion of the "few users" are extremely high profile, such as - I don't know - the entire German government.
(08-12-2014, 08:26 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2014, 06:15 AM)chikiepoo Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the point was avoiding eavesdropping. There should be no expectation of security if your phone falls into the wrong hands.

Right, because all bets are off just because you needed to leave your password-protected phone out of your sight for five minutes.
Ever watch the wire? You don't need high tech cracks to listen in on somebody's calls if you can get physical access to the phone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25