Star Trek: Discovery
09-30-2017, 05:53 PM,
Star Trek: Discovery
I don't think it's ever been this dark. It's still good though. Aside from it starting with a massacre again. Thank goodness for The Good Place.
09-30-2017, 09:15 PM,
RE: Star Trek: Discovery
CBS seems to think that $99 is the right price for this program. It isn't.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
10-01-2017, 02:32 AM,
Yeah. We finally ditched cable right before this came out. I’m not gonna pay for CBS streaming when this is the only thing worth watching.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
10-01-2017, 04:27 AM,
Torrent
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
10-01-2017, 04:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 04:28 AM by Gippy.)
I haven't done that for years. Too much work.
And it's just TV. I'm not missing anything.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
10-01-2017, 04:53 AM,
It's a pretty good show.

That being said, I do have Optik TV for free through my apartment so I can register to stream it for free from Space, but I have to set up and account on the TV box and because of my fucked up layout the tv is nowhere close to the wall with the Optik tv connection.
10-01-2017, 05:27 AM,
From what I understand, they're setting it up to be Game of Thrones… in space! I'll get to it, at some point. I think it's on Netflix, here.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
10-01-2017, 08:01 AM,
It seems to have a little bit of a political vibe to it, but that may be more just life imitating art to a degree.

The first episode has them discovering some sort of holy Klingon "ship of the dead" that attempts to reunite the different houses.

The Federation takes the role of being infinitely tolerant even when the Vulcan first officer desperately tries to temper that tolerance because she knows it would be considered a grave insult and not be accepted. The Klingons hold racial purity in high regard and consider the Federation to be a filthy mongrel - and the English phrase "We come in peace" to be a vile insult. The Federation leadership is killed, the Holy Klingon becomes a martyr, and the Vulcan officer is incarcerated and sent to a prison station.

And that's only the first two episodes. It's going to get increasingly dark and gritty from here on out.
10-01-2017, 02:52 PM,
So…?
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
10-02-2017, 06:16 AM,
"So"? Do you jump into a lake before checking if it's freezing cold or full of sewage?

That being said, I dug up the Optik box and set up the account so I can log into the Space channel's site, only for my account to be unauthorized for it. Seems my free TV doesn't come with the Space channel. Oh well. back to TPB tonight.