The Android joke
08-28-2017, 03:00 AM,
The Android joke
I've now got an older Android phone. Ohnoes

I decided to play around with it since I can get a sim from work and put logic flow between incoming SMS and Voice to the phone (can you say ultimate spam blocker?).

But the phone has Android 4 (Kit Kat) on it. So naturally I want the most recent I can get. So far I can't tell what the complete steps are to upgrade the phone, but it involves cyanogen mod. A crack is my only upgrade path.

Nuke

I thought Android was supposed to the open savior that makes all this easy and put the power in the hands of the people? Shakefist
08-28-2017, 03:14 AM,
RE: The Android joke
:pointandlaughpostie:
08-28-2017, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 03:17 AM by Gippy.)
Well, I still have my iPhone... so I still have something that works.
Its not like I ditched everything and jumped right in.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
08-28-2017, 03:27 AM,
Android is chaos incarnate. It was created by the libertarian dream of self-regulation and it will die by that same dream.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
08-28-2017, 03:45 AM,
(08-28-2017, 03:16 AM)Gippy Wrote: Well, I still have my iPhone... so I still have something that works.
Its not like I ditched everything and jumped right in.
I'm not laughing at your misfortune. I wouldn't dare. But I do laugh at your naïveté.

I'm sure Android is fun to tinker with. I wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it (a lot less, came to think of it; I'm fairly sure I could throw most phones quite a ways) in anything resembling a production environment. That means actually using it.
08-28-2017, 03:49 AM,
That's the sad part... other than successfully getting the SIM working with data and SMS I haven't done much but read about the horror of upgrading it Sad
08-28-2017, 03:50 AM,
The default settings of the SMS app allow it to show 1.5 messages on screen while the keyboard is visible.
08-28-2017, 04:11 AM,
Yeah, but think of all the pirated malware you can run on it!
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie