Why do people get upset when fratboys with tiki torches assemble?
08-15-2017, 07:38 AM,
Why do people get upset when fratboys with tiki torches assemble?
Honestly, who gives a shit?  And I only kinda partly give a shit about the "outrage" on social media, but here we are. Every protester's dream is to get the kind of coverage they got in... VA?  SC?  I can't be bothered to look it up. I think it's VA.  It doesn't matter. Anyway, making a big deal out of it is about the dumbest thing one can do.  

Please stop giving a shit.  Apathy for demonstrators is far more effective than begging to be noticed being offended. 

:themoreyouknow:
08-15-2017, 07:40 AM,
RE: Why do people get upset when fratboys with tiki torches assemble?
You know, I started this with the intent of trolling, but I stripped out all* of the offensive parts. But I have many zingers at the ready.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
08-15-2017, 08:13 AM,
I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish here.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

08-15-2017, 08:59 AM,
I'm not sure how we got here, but the powers that put Trump in charge, if I'm generous and credit them with not being actively racist, certainly have demonstrated that they're willing to turn a blind eye to it.
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
08-15-2017, 09:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 09:25 AM by Gippy.)
Chanting blood and Soil as well, along with other fun anti-{groupofpeople} catchphrases certainly didn't help them avoid being seen as Racists. I mean, they were probably being ironical, right? Shit. Give 'me the benefit of the doubt. After all, they deserve it, right?

I mean, the fully armed militia that accompanied them was there for to enjoy the event, right? Not as an intimidation tactic?

And the flag bearers. Obviously plants by the BLM or paid off by Soros. So sad.

And the driver. Oh, that poor driver. I'm sure his foot just slipped.

These were racists.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
08-15-2017, 09:56 AM,
This is an environment stoked by an Orange who opened his presidential campaign by disparaging mexicans. Then muslims. He's had nothing but an intolerant position on immigrants as well as a documented past of racial bias, to sugar coat it.

So, yeah, he's a catalyst.

David Duke is on film at that event essentially saying "this one's for you, Donald".
08-15-2017, 11:13 AM,
Sure Trump is a catalyst, but I doubt he's the catalyst. If anything he's just a symptom.

I'm pretty sure Antifa started this by setting the terms of engagement - before that it was just words. In fact, I recall hearing stories about people voting Trump for the sole reason that his opponents were fanatically hostile. Both the media and the government benefit by feeding the fire, so I expect things to escalate for the foreseeable future - I honestly doubt that there is any force respected and honorable enough to be able to calm things down before things get really bad. I'd like to believe that things will simmer down after a while, but we may be looking at a future where violence is regularly used to make a point.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
08-15-2017, 03:44 PM,
You packed a lot of stupid in a small space.

And, yes, the people who showed up with guns, shields and bats were NOT the ones who set the tone. Yes, yes, yes, you're absolutely right.
https://twitter.com/zdroberts/status/896...48/photo/1
08-15-2017, 08:43 PM,
I'm not saying that they aren't racist or even that the militia wasn't an attempt at intimidation. I'm saying that by giving shit, you elevate their cause.

And just like they praised President Trump, they also probably praise God. It doesn't mean that God is responsible for any of this, and it doesn't mean that everyone else who praises God is racist.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
08-15-2017, 09:27 PM,
But somehow giving them the time of day is the fault of all of "the left"? As far as I can tell, what's making headlines is the fact that things pretty seriously got out of hand in Charlottesville. If some delusional shit-for-brains hadn't plowed his car into a demonstration, I reckon this whole thing would have garnered as much attention as it usually does. Well, that and of course the whole president of the USA refusing to call a spade a spade where he is usually not so evasive when the perpetrators are darkies or other undesirables.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
08-15-2017, 11:25 PM,
This had already riled up the left a few days before it even happened. This was gonna make national news no matter what.

Also, I wish I could remember the name of it, but there's a term for just letting something go and not speaking up about it, and how your "tolerance" enables the thing you don't want to breed.

If we let them think that they're normal, and that it's OK for them to intimidate people, then we're giving affirmation to their position. They need to be told that they're wrong. At every turn. And if they don't like it they can go to Chechnya where there's a safe place for their kind of thinking. They don't like being told that they're wrong. They've got rather fragile egos.
08-15-2017, 11:32 PM,
We've fought wars over this before. They've been on the losing side each time. I'd much rather keep insulting some whiny dude with his popped collar than it getting worse. I don't care about the feelings of some white dude who doesn't think he has enough of an advantage any more.

I won't feel sorry for someone who has an idea that others are inferior and should be subservient or just plain gone. Not accepting haters isn't intolerance. It is accepting the wider view that others should be allowed to live their lives. I despise this notion that we are being intolerant to racists. Fuck that.
08-15-2017, 11:34 PM,
I would actually like these assholes to experience real discrimination. It'd blow their fucking minds.
08-16-2017, 02:22 AM,
Have you heard the saying "an eye for an eye and the world goes blind"?

Violence is not the solution. Just because one group experienced sever discrimination doesn't mean that discrimination must be reciprocated - no matter how just you think the revenge is, the receiving party will not think so and will just retaliate in turn.

Do you even remember how we got to this situation? Do you remember the story about the black teens that kidnapped the white kid and forced him at gunpoint to scream "fuck Trump"? Do you remember the Anti-Fa riots that led to vandalism and criminal charges for those involved? Do you remember how devout pro-Clinton voters declared every single person that doesn't vote for Clinton to be racist male chauvinistic pigs?

Driving into a crowd with the intent to kill is not okay, nor will it ever be okay. But don't claim that those you agree with are completely free of fault. I'm betting that several - if not most - of these "Nazis" would've given very little thought to the idea of white superiority before the elections. But if you declare that everyone who is not with you is against you, people will judge you for that - and they may not choose to go with you. And when you are actively hostile against everyone not with you - well, did you expect every Tom and Jerry to kiss your feet and beg for forgiveness?
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
08-16-2017, 02:33 AM,
You think that Antifa is revenge? How cute.
Also, I never said revenge. You're projecting.

Your thoughts about where this started are off by hundreds of years.
08-16-2017, 02:38 AM,
(08-16-2017, 02:22 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Have you heard the saying "an eye for an eye and the world goes blind"?
Yes, I have and it does not mean what you seem to think it means.
08-16-2017, 03:46 AM,
(08-16-2017, 02:33 AM)Gippy Wrote: You think that Antifa is revenge? How cute.
Well what else is it for? Why did Anti-Fa choose to vandalize a shop that a black guy was killed by cops in? There are other far more effective ways to raise awareness of the issues minorities deal with and find ways to resolve those issues; except pretty much the whole mentality of Anti-Fa is the reverse - to treat white people like complete shit and enact on them the exact same things that have happened to minorities. That is the textbook definition of revenge. Forcing a white dad and his son to march down main street with their necks tied together is not going to have the reaction you think it will.

Quote:Also, I never said revenge. You're projecting.

(08-15-2017, 11:34 PM)Gippy Wrote: I would actually like these assholes to experience real discrimination. It'd blow their fucking minds.

(08-16-2017, 02:38 AM)Alien Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 02:22 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Have you heard the saying "an eye for an eye and the world goes blind"?
Yes, I have and it does not mean what you seem to think it means.

It means exactly what I think it means. If you believe otherwise then you're deluded.
08-16-2017, 04:18 AM,
(08-16-2017, 03:46 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote:
Quote:Also, I never said revenge. You're projecting.

(08-15-2017, 11:34 PM)Gippy Wrote: I would actually like these assholes to experience real discrimination. It'd blow their fucking minds.

Wow. Your capacity for misinterpretation is phenomenal.
08-16-2017, 07:20 AM,
This is going about like I thought it would.

Also, fuck wannabe nazis in the ear
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

08-16-2017, 07:47 AM,
I think that I'm starting to understand how people get swindled out of all their money or end up joining cults.
08-16-2017, 08:29 AM,
(08-15-2017, 09:27 PM)Alien Wrote: But somehow giving them the time of day is the fault of all of "the left"? As far as I can tell, what's making headlines is the fact that things pretty seriously got out of hand in Charlottesville. If some delusional shit-for-brains hadn't plowed his car into a demonstration, I reckon this whole thing would have garnered as much attention as it usually does. Well, that and of course the whole president of the USA refusing to call a spade a spade where he is usually not so evasive when the perpetrators are darkies or other undesirables.

I didn't say that "the left" is to blame.  And, as Gip said, there was quite a whirlwind of outrage before the car murderer.

As for the President... I'm outraged at the left because they are outraged at the President for not doing something they wanted.  I mean, really?  Do Democrats think the President is going to all of the sudden switch sides and amaze them?
08-16-2017, 08:32 AM,
Should the government finally just eliminate the right of assembly? This rally would never had happened if it had been illegal. No more protest zones, no more "occupy" nonsense.
08-16-2017, 09:49 AM,
(08-16-2017, 08:32 AM)roo Wrote: Should the government finally just eliminate the right of assembly?  This rally would never had happened if it had been illegal.  No more protest zones, no more "occupy" nonsense.

I think the Republican attempts to legalize running the protesters over is a nice compromise.
08-16-2017, 11:00 AM,
(08-16-2017, 09:49 AM)agedgruel Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 08:32 AM)roo Wrote: Should the government finally just eliminate the right of assembly?  This rally would never had happened if it had been illegal.  No more protest zones, no more "occupy" nonsense.

I think the Republican attempts to legalize running the protesters over is a nice compromise.

Clubbie
08-17-2017, 03:12 AM,
(08-16-2017, 09:49 AM)agedgruel Wrote:

One of the bluest states in the Union (RI) is doing that.  Which republicanis trying to steal credit?  

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillT.../H5690.pdf