I wonder if "new age liberal" (zero discipline) children actually feel loved?
07-11-2017, 03:44 AM,
I wonder if "new age liberal" (zero discipline) children actually feel loved?
This has been bugging me for a while. You have heard the stories of kids who persistently act out yet their parents pretend not to notice or just don't care. I wonder if the kids act out because their parents treat them just the same no matter if the kids have done things they actually realize to be "good" or "bad" - and so have come to the conclusion that their parents don't give a flying fuck if they are good or bad, and are desperately trying to find a limit to their parent's indifference.

That who new age whatever parenting theory is shit. Sure it may be possible to raise a child without punishing them significantly, but you still need to teach your children the basics of understanding right and wrong - the kids won't pick it up on their own if they do not understand what to look for, sort of like trying to copy a painting despite being color blind.
07-11-2017, 07:36 AM,
RE: I wonder if "new age liberal" (zero discipline) children actually feel loved?
Every parent is gonna fuck up their kids in their own special way.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
07-11-2017, 08:26 AM,
RE: I wonder if "new age liberal" (zero discipline) children actually feel loved?
That's the best part of having kids.
07-11-2017, 11:08 AM,
(07-11-2017, 03:44 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: This has been bugging me for a while. You have heard the stories of kids who persistently act out yet their parents pretend not to notice or just don't care. I wonder if the kids act out because their parents treat them just the same no matter if the kids have done things they actually realize to be "good" or "bad" - and so have come to the conclusion that their parents don't give a flying fuck if they are good or bad, and are desperately trying to find a limit to their parent's indifference.

That who new age whatever parenting theory is shit. Sure it may be possible to raise a child without punishing them significantly, but you still need to teach your children the basics of understanding right and wrong - the kids won't pick it up on their own if they do not understand what to look for, sort of like trying to copy a painting despite being color blind.

Wow, you've just got opinions on everything that doesn't concern you, don't you?
07-11-2017, 01:17 PM,
(07-11-2017, 11:08 AM)Jehannum Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 03:44 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: This has been bugging me for a while. You have heard the stories of kids who persistently act out yet their parents pretend not to notice or just don't care. I wonder if the kids act out because their parents treat them just the same no matter if the kids have done things they actually realize to be "good" or "bad" - and so have come to the conclusion that their parents don't give a flying fuck if they are good or bad, and are desperately trying to find a limit to their parent's indifference.

Wow, you've just got opinions on everything that doesn't concern you, don't you?
YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE

As an example of this being taken too far: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...28931.html

perhaps calling it "new age" may not be entirely accurate. What I was referring to I did not have the correct term for it, but I mean parents that assume they have a novel new way of raising their children that simply doesn't work. When I refer to discipline, I'm including the act of sitting down with your child and telling them what they did is wrong and why - and telling them better ways to act or pay attention to.
07-11-2017, 02:20 PM,
That's an awful lot of conjecture you got from that piece.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
07-11-2017, 02:22 PM,
I said it had been bugging me for a while. There are several more experiences and stories to back that up
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
07-11-2017, 08:21 PM,
Yeah, and from my perspective as a cyclist, all motorists are homicidal maniacs.
07-11-2017, 11:55 PM,
and from my perspective as a motorist, all cyclists are morons that are completely ignorant of cyclist laws.
07-12-2017, 12:00 AM,
And from my perspective of morons, they are all Canadian potards.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

07-12-2017, 12:37 AM,
(07-11-2017, 11:55 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: […] cyclist laws.
Well, that certainly explains a lot.

Also: bonus points for completely missing the point. As per usual.
07-13-2017, 09:34 AM,
(07-11-2017, 01:17 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 11:08 AM)Jehannum Wrote:

YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE

As an example of this being taken too far: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...28931.html

perhaps calling it "new age" may not be entirely accurate. What I was referring to I did not have the correct term for it, but I mean parents that assume they have a novel new way of raising their children that simply doesn't work. When I refer to discipline, I'm including the act of sitting down with your child and telling them what they did is wrong and why - and telling them better ways to act or pay attention to.
How many kids do you have?
07-13-2017, 09:55 AM,
07-13-2017, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2017, 12:58 PM by Jehannum.)
(07-13-2017, 09:55 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: 0.5

Then shut the fuck up, your sock drawer doesn't count.
07-13-2017, 05:50 PM,
Ah, but dogs do. A lot of this is still applicable to fur babies.
07-13-2017, 11:30 PM,
(07-13-2017, 05:50 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Ah, but dogs do. A lot of this is still applicable to fur babies.

About as applicable as it is to food babies, dumbfuck.
07-14-2017, 01:41 AM,
(07-13-2017, 11:30 PM)Jehannum Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 05:50 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Ah, but dogs do. A lot of this is still applicable to fur babies.

Just a little bit more. It would be like getting a puppy then assuming that you don't need to house train him as he'll figure it out himself or something.
07-14-2017, 02:18 AM,
For the love of all that is holy:

Please.

Stop.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie

07-14-2017, 02:44 AM,
(07-14-2017, 01:41 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote:

Just a little bit more. It would be like getting a puppy then assuming that you don't need to house train him as he'll figure it out himself or something.

Because a human and a dog are the same.

That's really the hill you're willing to die on?
07-14-2017, 03:52 AM,
Oh god yes please yes.
07-14-2017, 03:54 AM,
(07-14-2017, 02:44 AM)Jehannum Wrote:

All dogs go to heaven.
07-14-2017, 01:10 PM,
(07-14-2017, 03:54 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote:

All dogs go to heaven.

There is no such thing as heaven.
07-14-2017, 02:02 PM,
(07-14-2017, 01:10 PM)Jehannum Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 03:54 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote:

All dogs go to heaven.

There is no such thing as heaven.

look who's not getting an invite.