A solid example of the looming Trump presidency already hurting your country:
11-21-2016, 04:16 AM,
A solid example of the looming Trump presidency already hurting your country:
I just got a job offer from NASA in Houston, TX. My thought? HELLS TO THE NO!

See, America? This is what you are missing out on because of that Trump guy. No Mars trips for you!
11-21-2016, 04:47 AM,
RE: A solid example of the looming Trump presidency already hurting your country:
Aw, c'mon! No fair.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
11-21-2016, 06:13 AM,
RE: A solid example of the looming Trump presidency already hurting your country:
I'm pretty sure Nasa doesn't have anything to do with Mars One.

That being said, it's all your fault when GPS and satellite weather breaks down.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
11-21-2016, 07:14 AM,
Yeah, but is it really because of Trump, or is because it's Texas? It's not like Trump is going rail against Yerpians working in the information economy... though he might defund NASA... Salute
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
11-22-2016, 09:28 AM,
Yet another reason to hate Trump (and by extension, Texas) with all of my being.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbie

11-22-2016, 09:46 AM,
(11-21-2016, 04:16 AM)Alien Wrote: I just got a job offer from NASA in Houston, TX. My thought? HELLS TO THE NO!

See, America? This is what you are missing out on because of that Trump guy. No Mars trips for you!

Man, we can't even attract the Nazis now.

We're fucked.
11-22-2016, 01:33 PM,
The Dutch weren't Nazis. They just rolled over and tickled the Nazi's balls.
11-22-2016, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 05:05 PM by Alien.)
[Image: 100px-23adivss.gif][Image: 150px-34th_SS_Division_Logo.svg.png]
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
12-07-2016, 12:22 AM,
Now this…

[Image: Zurich_small.jpg]

This is more like it!
12-07-2016, 04:17 AM,
Looks crowded
12-14-2016, 07:51 PM,
 So, it's not going to be that one, but rather this one, which is also one hundred per cent fine with me:

[Image: pra_sm_altstadt_ring_nacht.jpg]

Interviewing today or tomorrow, for a start in January. Expect many posts in that other thread I started recently if (when) I land this contract.
12-15-2016, 11:32 PM,
Looks better than San Francisco.
12-16-2016, 12:24 AM,
Did the interview, this morning. All in German, which went surprisingly well. Expectation was that we would exchange pleasantries in German, then switch to English for the remainder. Got complimented on my German actually, which prompted me to serve up the anecdote of that time when I was actually mistaken for Swiss by a Hamburger. Biel/Bienne is in the (German-speaking) Canton of Bern, right on the German/French language border and officially bilingual, but pretty much majority French-speaking in practice. Company is German-speaking, though, with some English thrown in for good measure. Should be interesting.
12-16-2016, 01:55 AM,
What... no Swahili?
12-16-2016, 02:58 AM,
Maybe in the next money laundering tax haven I whore myself out to.
12-16-2016, 05:55 AM,
How many languages do you speak?
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie ClubbieClubbieClubbie

12-16-2016, 06:15 AM,
Four and a half.
12-16-2016, 07:19 AM,
Is that just the one half or a bunch of halves that add up?
12-16-2016, 10:33 AM,
In Germany, what comes between fear and sex?

fünf!
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
12-16-2016, 03:33 PM,
[Image: 5583433+_35b9beb2ea3e835f3900fe788af64f73.jpg]
(12-16-2016, 07:19 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Is that just the one half or a bunch of halves that add up?
I speak Dutch, English, German and French. My Italian sucks, but I'm working on it.
12-23-2016, 12:14 AM,
Well, they took their sweet time, but I just got word that I'll be working in Switzerland as of the ninth.
12-23-2016, 01:46 AM,
You're probably going to need to update your wardrobe.

[Image: Krampus-Autriche_WILDER-MANN_-Charles-FR...0-2011.jpg]
12-23-2016, 02:32 AM,
That's Austria.
12-23-2016, 03:09 PM,
Hm. Weird. Earlier the googs said that was Swiss. Now I can't find it again.
12-23-2016, 04:54 PM,
[Image: Ananova++(1).jpg]