Nope. No headphone jack.
09-08-2016, 04:16 AM,
Nope. No headphone jack.
Seems the MacBook now has a touchscreen function bar.
09-08-2016, 07:59 AM,
RE: Nope. No headphone jack.
Like you were going to buy one in the first place.
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM,
I won't miss the headphone jack. And they included an adaptor. They did it right. Sure, you can't charge and use wired headphones at the same time, but so what. Inductive charging would have been a nice touch given the whole "all about wireless" deal.

Airbuds: Clever idea, definitely innovative. But the pitch was silly. "Bluetooth audio isn't good, so we solved it with Bluetooth Audio" lol. I think they're slick, but if they only sound as good as regular earbuds, $159 is up there.

Water resistance: finally.

Dual camera: that's slick. I wish I had that. But, as smaps pointed out, it still wouldn't outdo an actual real camera, so I should just suck it up and invest in one. But still.

Jet black: Drool I loves me that Darth Vader shine.

App Store for iMessages: Wtf They mention this without pimping it. It seems like a cash grab. Or perhaps an exercise in making iMessages suck as bad as iTunes. You know they're going to sell shit like Budweiser America Beer emojis and bullshit like that. How long before the app is all about buttons encouraging you to buy... like iTunes. boo.

No updates for music app. boo. It needs focus. I won't get started, but dumb shit like being able to shuffle "recently added" seems like the glaring UX problem that Apple (or indeed everyone ever) used to be good at spotting.

No updates for Macs. boo. Hardware is old. I saw a Dell ad where they poke fun at Apple's hardware... not a good sign.

Somehow, Apple has found a way to sell a ceramic case for its watch for $1200. Not for nothing, but a $99 watch model with purchase/lease of iphone would sell a lot of watches and drive the platform forward.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
09-09-2016, 12:29 AM,
The rumor is new MBPs are coming in October.
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
09-09-2016, 12:30 AM,
(09-08-2016, 09:07 PM)roo Wrote: Somehow, Apple has found a way to sell a ceramic case for its watch for $1200.  Not for nothing, but a $99 watch model with purchase/lease of iphone would sell a lot of watches and drive the platform forward.

Tru dat. The 50 m water resistance for the watch is super appealing. 
09-09-2016, 12:32 AM,
The water / dust resistance is a huge selling point for me, since my current 5S is bordering on useless in the camera department due to all the dust I've gotten inside the sensor glass. The front camera is useless now. Just a big blur.
09-09-2016, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 02:12 PM by Gippy.)
Yeah, I won't miss the headphone jack. I've been considering one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Portable...B00J79KNPM - for my desk at work anyway.

And while I'm honestly not a huge fan of beats, http://www.beatsbydre.com/earphones/brow...MLYE2.html those are looking pretty decent right about now.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
09-18-2016, 02:22 PM,
http://m.imore.com/iphone-7-plus-telepho...situations
10-02-2016, 01:36 PM,
http://prolost.com/blog/deptheffect
01-05-2017, 06:22 AM,
I went to check them out at a store, today. Holy fuck, that's a big trackpad! I'm having trouble decidering between screen sizes, though. I will be keeping my 11" Air on the side, or maybe getting a 12" non-Pro. I don't have to decide right now, either.

I like the flat keyboard and the touch bar. And the fact that it is very slim. Because I'll probably be hauling two laptops in carry-on a lot of the time.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
01-05-2017, 01:37 PM,
...Why two laptops? Is it for a reason I can make fun of?
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
01-05-2017, 03:35 PM,
You can make fun of whatever the fuck you like. I don't give a shit about what you think or do.
01-05-2017, 03:39 PM,
And yet you haven't posted the reason for two laptops.
01-05-2017, 03:56 PM,
(01-05-2017, 03:35 PM)Alien Wrote: I don't give a shit about what you think or do.

That should have answered the question for you.  Wtf
01-05-2017, 04:19 PM,
(01-05-2017, 03:56 PM)Gippy Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 03:35 PM)Alien Wrote: I don't give a shit about what you think or do.

That should have answered the question for you.  Wtf

Not really. All it indicates is that the reason is mildly amusing.
01-05-2017, 04:35 PM,
Fascinating analysis.
01-06-2017, 01:38 AM,
I was mildly curious as to why the need for two laptops as well. I figured you'd elaborate if it were relevant.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie

01-06-2017, 02:40 AM,
It's relevant in the sense that I am glad notebooks these days are ever thinner.
01-06-2017, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 06:08 AM by FuturDreamz.)
Of course, you could've gotten by with a slightly thicker laptop if you used dual-boot or a VM, or simply stuck to the more useful laptop instead of carrying around a second personal laptop.
01-06-2017, 06:25 AM,
Please, continue to keep offering unsolicited advice.
Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie Clubbie

01-06-2017, 06:49 AM,
Unsolicited advice is best advice. With solicited advice you are either trying to affirm your decisions or will be performing research anyways, while unsolicited advice can introduce you to new ideas that you would never have discovered yourself.
01-06-2017, 07:37 AM,
Here's an example for you: I have no personal data on my work machine. At all. Nope. Not gonna do it. The only personal stuff I do on my work computer happens in a browser, and mostly in incognito windows.
01-06-2017, 02:33 PM,
Potardo's logic is infallible. Thicker laptops are better at running VM's; everybody knows that.
01-06-2017, 03:29 PM,
(01-06-2017, 02:33 PM)Alien Wrote: Potardo's logic is infallible. Thicker laptops are better at running VM's; everybody knows that.

01-06-2017, 03:32 PM,
(01-06-2017, 06:08 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: […] slightly thicker […]