What's your take on the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation Neo?
07-04-2016, 10:55 AM,
What's your take on the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation Neo?
Both Microsoft and Sony are marketing these as very high end hardware, then turning around and launching slims while saying the high end stuff won't make the currently sold models obsolete.

It sounds like they plan to force developers to support both the old and new systems in a desperate attempt to not pull a Sega, but I don't know how they do it. I suspect the Neo and Scorpio might cost dramatically more, like $700 to $1000.

Nintendo seems to be more straightforward in it being a proper replacement, but the upgrade path will be more confusing. It sounds like the NX will used an evolved version of the Wii U's chipset and so being fully backwards compatible, combined with a lower price and clear distinction from the Wii U they could market it as being able to play all your old games while having access to all the new games. It's a little more confusing if they drop the gamepad as a standard controller. I suspect that 90% of Wii U games can be patched as they don't take really need the second screen anyways, but all the games would have to be patched by the developers and it would not necessarily clear what games are compatible.
07-05-2016, 05:22 AM,
RE: What's your take on the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation Neo?
Will the new Zelda be playable on the Wii-U? Because that's the only thing I care about wrt console gaming.
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
07-05-2016, 07:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 07:12 AM by FuturDreamz.)
RE: What's your take on the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation Neo?
Oh yes it will. I can't wait for it to come out, it's going to be fucking awesome.

I'm hoping I will be able to move my entire Wii U library to the NX, but I don't know if I can. I probably won't be able to bring my Wiibrew over, which would be a shame as I really like playing Thousand Year Door. But if they bring GameCube games to the eShop then I can live with it.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.