More emu goodness
02-01-2015, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 03:38 AM by more or less.)
More emu goodness
A big part of why I post less anymore is I have gotten back into gaming more regularly. And hulu plus.

Anyways I got a JXD S7800 and it has been guite a blast. It cannot really run psp games well, but reicast on android plays some of my fave dreamcast games which was the tipping point for my purchase. But in the end it is the ps1 emulation that really rocks along with a couple of gems I can now play that were only in Europe.

http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?id=639&se...sid=009006

Upped resolution and / smoothing for most games as well. Plus SAVE STATES. Omg I cannot express how glorious save states are for a spaz like me.
03-05-2017, 03:28 AM,
RE: More emu goodness
So the device above kickstarted an Android gaming revolution for me.

I now have a couple of Sony phone and tablets paired with PS3/4 controllers running various emulators for vintage arcade, psp, ps1, Dreamcast and all the old school 8 and 16 bit boxes.  Some many good rom sites and video walkthroughs its never been easier!

Next is the rather new PS2 emulator for PC, which I am going to try on a cheap used Surface Pro 1st gen I picked up.

I also grabbed a cheap ass Nyko mini arcade stick for pc\ps3\4 and that been a hoot. PS3 games are quite the bargain right now and more than enough for my limited gaming interests.
03-05-2017, 05:00 AM,
I'm about to order everything I need for a basic RaspberryPi 3 Retropie setup.
I used an existing Pi B and its just too pokey. The 3 should be fine. I have a fuck-ton of ROMs for various systems.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
03-06-2017, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 02:53 AM by more or less.)
Yeh I saw some youtubery videos of retropie projects.  like the idea of putting one in an old dead nes\geneis case.

But then I realized I could just do with a Sony phone and went down that path.  there is also a thing called like retro sigma on indie go-go juice you should check out
03-06-2017, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 12:33 PM by Gippy.)
The sigma looks interesting. But I think the Pi is gonna be it 'cause then when I lose interest I can repurpose it ;)
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter