Rate my kerning!
01-09-2015, 09:14 PM,
Rate my kerning!
I'm working on a poster for a concert in February. Photoshop's default kerning was awful. How's mine?

full-res poster (9 mb): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjmjwvi3ublnbfh/ben%20seretan%20poster.png?dl=0

lo-res preview:
[Image: 5T7FAf2.png]
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM,
RE: Rate my kerning!
Much better than a default. Keen that you've taken the time to work with it, so few do. It's tough with all caps. These letters weren't designed for this use. Personally, I would like greater consistency at the baselines in the BE and SE pairs though.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
01-10-2015, 02:07 AM,
(01-09-2015, 09:54 PM)roo Wrote: Much better than a default. Keen that you've taken the time to work with it, so few do. It's tough with all caps. These letters weren't designed for this use. Personally, I would like greater consistency at the baselines in the BE and SE pairs though.
++
Whatever I would say would essentially be covered by this.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
01-10-2015, 02:24 AM,
There's something slightly off between the E and the S in TUESDAY.

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY: We'll sell you the seat, but you'll only need the EDGE!
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
01-10-2015, 02:59 AM,
Not too bad. A couple of notes on top of everyone elses:

- 'SE' in Seretan looks a little loose compared to how you've compressed everything else
- 'OA' in Oakland is a bit loose as well
- 'UA' in February is off as well
- 'BR' in February looks a bit tight
- The last line feels weird. Did you try centering it and styling it like '• TEMESCAL, OAKLAND •'?
- What happened to the centers of the Es in 'HELEN'?
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
01-10-2015, 04:48 AM,
y'all are the helpfulest! and thanks for noticing I forgot to fill those Es, I was a little drunk. I'll try the alternate styling for the last line.

thanks!!
01-25-2015, 07:27 AM,
got the posters printed. they look rad. thanks again for the help. looking back at it, I think the "d" and the "a" are too far apart, but whatevs.

at only $1.32 apiece, I think I'm gonna be able to give em free with any donation size at the show, which is cool.

[Image: Mu2HjX3.jpg]