Sept 9 Apple Event
09-09-2014, 03:00 PM,
Sept 9 Apple Event
Any last minute guesses? I'm going to go out on a limb and say new iPhones.
09-09-2014, 04:54 PM,
RE: Sept 9 Apple Event
I'm curious to see what the iWatch will end up being like, as I honestly can't imagine it being able to strike the right compromises between capability and battery life/size to be acceptable. But then again my dream smart watch is something like this but with an unobtrusive text screen that is invisible when unused, with the sole capability being to:
1. View incoming calls and chose to ignore or decline them
2. view unread notifications, such as text messages or email titles
3. basic media controls (play/pause, skip)

anything else I can pretty much just pull out my phone, making the watch's capability useless. Maybe there could be a version that has effectively standard sport watch capabilities such as stopwatch or pedometer/heartrate monitor, but that's not necessary for me.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
09-09-2014, 08:41 PM,
Is that today?
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
09-09-2014, 10:43 PM,
Tim Cook announces that he bought a new hat.
smapdi Wrote:I do declare that losing one's anal virginity sure is a memorable time.
09-10-2014, 01:04 AM,
I want a new Mac Mini, dammit. And my iPhone and iPad are both due for replacement, but that is pretty much a given. I've also been holding off buying a fitness watch because of all the rumours, so they better come up with something stellar in that department.
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
09-10-2014, 03:11 AM,
hmm.…
09-10-2014, 03:34 AM,
Pre-event I don't feel the need to upgrade my 5.
We'll see if that changes post-announcement.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
09-10-2014, 03:54 AM,
Pay looks nice. My 5S feels old already Sad
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
09-10-2014, 03:55 AM,
Anyone else getting a really craptastic feed?
09-10-2014, 04:24 AM,
Amid all this wonderful new technology I'm still wondering why there's no decent RSS reader for Mac any more. Am I the only luddite that still uses RSS?
09-10-2014, 04:41 AM,
On the iWatch:

Quote:I use mine to control my Apple TV. Another member uses theirs as a viewfinder for the iPhone camera. Walkie talkie ability. List of features is a mile long.

Woah... Apple just turned the iPhone in to a snooping device. SOLD!
09-10-2014, 04:42 AM,
I was so hoping it would start cheaper than $350.
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
09-10-2014, 04:45 AM,
It's made by Apple and I'm sure they researched very well that that is what the market will bear.
09-10-2014, 04:47 AM,
So, now that its over I must say that paying for shit by swiping my phone is pretty attractive.
Don't think I'd use the watch enough and I really don't like to wear watches. My phone is my pocketwatch.
09-10-2014, 04:52 AM,
Now that they've announced wireless charging on the watch I wonder why they didn't put it in the phones.
09-10-2014, 04:53 AM,
"Apple watch apps look amazing for people flying first class, staying at high end W hotels, and owning $50k electric cars!" ~ teh interwebs
09-10-2014, 04:58 AM,
Yeah, I am really looking forward to the collective of brilliant minds that is the internet dismissing the Apple Watch like they did the iPod, iPhone and iPad before it. This is going to be juicy.
09-10-2014, 05:18 AM,
The watch with the metal bracelet does look nice. but considering the Apple Watch STARTS at $350 that's pretty pricy.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
09-10-2014, 05:21 AM,
(09-10-2014, 05:18 AM)FuturDreamz Wrote: The watch with the metal bracelet does look nice. but considering the Apple Watch STARTS at $350 that's pretty pricy.
Its actually pretty comparable with high quality watches. It just means that I won't be getting one because I already have an expensive watch.
09-10-2014, 06:37 AM,
[Image: XUydgyXl.png]
smapdi Wrote:I do declare that losing one's anal virginity sure is a memorable time.
09-10-2014, 10:22 AM,
Gip: Try Vienna.

I think I want the iPhone6 Plus and a boot holster or thigh holster a la Han Solo to carry it. It's too damned big to put in a pocket. Then I could use the watch for the UI.

Oaf

I just don't need more pixels, but I want to give Apple my money.
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
09-10-2014, 11:30 AM,
Roo: I didn't notice that Reeder 2 was released, like, forever ago. So I upgraded to that. I thought Reeder on Mac was abandonware.
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM,
I, too, am struggling with the size difference.
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM,
You can still try Vienna. sheesh.
09-10-2014, 12:16 PM,
That is not false.

https://medium.com/message/apple-liveblo...a04ee8edd2