are all cities this noisy???
07-16-2014, 09:05 PM,
are all cities this noisy???
Seriously without fail every few hours of every day there's an emergency vehicle going by out apartment, and they seem to not even try to be quiet even though it's fucking five in the morning! And that's not even counting the people who have extremely loud cars! By now I thought the city would enact a noise level bylaw or something.

Not to mention the ridiculously road repair work every day that quite often partially shuts down the road next to my apartment.
My logic is infallible. Resistance is futile.
07-16-2014, 10:26 PM,
RE: are all cities this noisy???
[Image: yokel.jpg]
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
ClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbieClubbie
07-17-2014, 12:50 AM,
(07-16-2014, 09:05 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: Seriously without fail every few hours of every day there's an emergency vehicle going by out apartment, and they seem to not even try to be quiet even though it's fucking five in the morning! And that's not even counting the people who have extremely loud cars! By now I thought the city would enact a noise level bylaw or something.

Not to mention the ridiculously road repair work every day that quite often partially shuts down the road next to my apartment.

Yes.
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
07-17-2014, 01:12 AM,
are all canadians this retarded???
smapdi Wrote:I do declare that losing one's anal virginity sure is a memorable time.
07-17-2014, 03:22 AM,
Ridiculously road!
07-17-2014, 04:19 AM,
(07-17-2014, 03:22 AM)Alien Wrote: Ridiculously road!

Did you miss the part that it was five in the morning?
07-17-2014, 04:44 AM,
Yeah, the ambulance should turn off their siren so you can get your beauty rest. Never mind that there's still people on the road at 5 am and they're trying to save somebody in need of medical attention.
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
07-17-2014, 05:02 AM,
(07-17-2014, 04:44 AM)chikiepoo Wrote: Yeah, the ambulance should turn off their siren so you can get your beauty rest. Never mind that there's still people on the road at 5 am and they're trying to save somebody in need of medical attention.

If someone is in need of medical attention every hour then either they need to build more hospitals closer to highways or just let them die.
07-17-2014, 05:26 AM,
Maybe you are just not cut out for urban cesspool living.
Geesie wrote Wrote:You probably support organized labor until a strike inconveniences you too. That's what we like to call "San Francisco Values".
07-17-2014, 05:42 AM,
(07-17-2014, 05:26 AM)chikiepoo Wrote: Maybe you are just not cut out for urban cesspool living.
Nah, just once the lease is up I need to move to an apartment that does NOT face the street (and preferably is facing away from the blazing sun, my herb garden be damned). I potentially don't even have to leave the building to achieve this.
07-17-2014, 07:34 AM,
aw, that's only in the mornin' woo woo!
bedstuy Wrote:mocking a pair of $500 jeans is a form of class warfare... why do you hate my social status?
07-17-2014, 11:29 AM,
I would just like to mention here, for the record, Albertans ARE NOT CANADIANS.

Seriously, I was at the bunkhouse that we share with Calgary guys and I was in control of the TV remote. Logically, I put on the greatest movie of all time, Strange Brew, and a few more Revelstoke guys sit down and watch it. Well, several Calgary guys show show up, don't recognize the movie, and make fun of it for the entirety of the fucking movie.

Fuck Alberta.

The Calgary Stampede is stupid.

I hope the whole fucking province floods and dies next season.

Fuck the pipeline.
Clubbie
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 12:54 PM by FuturDreamz.)
Cant speak much for Strange Brew because it predates me (but I'll torrent it anyways) but you seem to think north and south Alberta is the same, let alone an individual's reception of Strange Brew is a comprehensive tell of a province's personality.
07-17-2014, 01:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 01:48 PM by FuturDreamz.)
How hard would it be to build a noise level camera that uses an array of microphones to detect the location, speed, and loudness of a noise then takes a photograph of the offender's license plate?

Or maybe a high resolution video recording so the city could manually identify the source of the noise and type of noise, with the recording bookmarking loud noises so the technician can skip the quiet bits.

Or maybe motorcycles can simply be banned from the central core, with quieter models having a special license plate to exempt them and occasional checkups to ensure modifications have not been made.
07-17-2014, 04:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM by FuturDreamz.)
(07-17-2014, 11:29 AM)mmaverick Wrote: I would just like to mention here, for the record, Albertans ARE NOT CANADIANS.

Seriously, I was at the bunkhouse that we share with Calgary guys and I was in control of the TV remote. Logically, I put on the greatest movie of all time, Strange Brew, and a few more Revelstoke guys sit down and watch it. Well, several Calgary guys show show up, don't recognize the movie, and make fun of it for the entirety of the fucking movie.

Fuck Alberta.

The Calgary Stampede is stupid.

I hope the whole fucking province floods and dies next season.

Fuck the pipeline.

How long ago was this? You should probably rewatch the show now because you must have had teenager naivety.

Did I download the right movie? because it looks like I'm watching a home movie shot by the guy that did the honey I shrunk the kids movies.

Oh nevermind
07-17-2014, 04:30 PM,
(07-17-2014, 01:12 AM)Geesie Wrote: are all canadians this retarded???
(07-17-2014, 12:50 AM)Jehannum Wrote: Yes.
07-17-2014, 05:44 PM,
Eh, this show's alright.
07-18-2014, 01:24 AM,
(07-17-2014, 07:34 AM)roo Wrote: aw, that's only in the mornin' woo woo!

Clubbie

Whistles go woo!
"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace." - Automobile Magazine
07-18-2014, 02:17 PM,
I'm sure if the rest of Canada put it to a vote we could disown FD.

I used to live down the street from a hospital. On a busy street. With a bus route. Deal with it, kiddo.
There is no dark side of the moon, really…matter of fact, it's all dark.
07-19-2014, 02:20 PM,
Eh, I'll take him over that other guy.
Clubbie
07-19-2014, 02:24 PM,
(07-18-2014, 02:17 PM)Skippy Wrote:
I'm sure if the rest of Canada put it to a vote we could disown FD.

I used to live down the street from a hospital. On a busy street. With a bus route. Deal with it, kiddo.

Of for starters it wouldn't be as much a disownment as an exile or revoking of citizenship. After that the petition to revoke Justin Bieber's citizenship has more signatures then the number of members on this site.
07-19-2014, 04:44 PM,
You sound like the kind of guy that moves in next to a hospital and then complains about the siren and helicopter noise.
The chaos army seems suspiciously well organized.
flickr | Stupid Blog | Twitter
07-19-2014, 05:29 PM,
(07-19-2014, 04:44 PM)Gippy Wrote: You sound like the kind of guy that moves in next to a hospital and then complains about the siren and helicopter noise.

Sure, if you add the helicopter using my roof as a practice landing pad in the metaphor.
07-20-2014, 07:24 AM,
[Image: BMd5dwV.jpg]
07-21-2014, 08:54 AM,
(07-17-2014, 01:44 PM)FuturDreamz Wrote: How hard would it be to build a noise level camera that uses an array of microphones to detect the location, speed, and loudness of a noise then takes a photograph of the offender's license plate?

Or maybe a high resolution video recording so the city could manually identify the source of the noise and type of noise, with the recording bookmarking loud noises so the technician can skip the quiet bits.

Or maybe motorcycles can simply be banned from the central core, with quieter models having a special license plate to exempt them and occasional checkups to ensure modifications have not been made.

Speaking as a liberal Democrat, I must say all these layers of additional bureaucracy, new laws, intrusive monitoring technology, restricted transportation options, and new, routine vehicle inspections are giving me a raging erection!
------------------------------------------------
Everything went to hell after Empire.