Treefort54 Party Headquarters
attn: roo - Printable Version

+- Treefort54 Party Headquarters (https://treefort54.com/mies)
+-- Forum: General Assembly (https://treefort54.com/mies/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Whistle-blowing (https://treefort54.com/mies/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: attn: roo (/thread-2478.html)

Pages: 1 2

attn: roo - agedgruel - 01-26-2016

Please explain your announcement regarding your intention to vote for Trump.

He strikes me as an arrogant, self-absorbed egomaniac who exists only to draw attention to himself.

RE: attn: roo - Alien - 01-26-2016

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

RE: attn: roo - FuturDreamz - 01-26-2016

It'll be like pulling out a thorn. Painful for a little while but then the festering calms down.

RE: attn: roo - roo - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 05:45 AM)agedgruel Wrote: Please explain your announcement regarding your intention to vote for Trump.

He strikes me as an arrogant, self-absorbed egomaniac who exists only to draw attention to himself.

What's to explain?  He's the most qualified candidate.  He runs stuff, he has run stuff for years.  He's neither ashamed of himself nor his past.  He's honest and he isn't interested in playing nice-nice with people who make a living on the backs of the American worker.

The fact that he's arrogant and a self-absorbed egomaniac just means he has a chance to succeed at it.  He'd make a lousy politician and he knows it, so he's not trying to be one.  He's just trying to fix stuff in his abrasive no BS way.

I will vote for him at every juncture.

And for those who say he'll ruin the system, I'd ask what's so great about such a fragile system that The Donald treatens?

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 01-27-2016

If the system needs ruined I'd much rather have Bernie ruin it.

RE: attn: roo - roo - 01-27-2016

What makes you think either one of them will make any kind of real difference? Not for nothing, but Obama and Bush kinda run together, and the President's role isn't meant to be that significant. Just sayin'

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 01-28-2016

The difference is Obama and Bush were both corporatist moderates. Bernie is not.

RE: attn: roo - Alien - 01-28-2016

That remains to be seen.

(01-28-2016, 03:33 AM)Alien Wrote: That remains to be seen.

I think his 35 year voting record is a pretty good indicator of future actions.

"Intentions", I think would be a better choice of word, here.

Remember the last time a presidential candidate was hailed as the great hope of progress and whatnot? Of course you do, his name was Barack Obama. And despite warnings from cooler heads (i.e. me), you all had hopes higher than a stoned hippie about what he would achieve and America would be paradise in no time.

Yeah, look how that turned out.

Is there any reason to believe your right wing extremists won't do to Bernie what they did to Bill Clinton and Barack Obama? No, there is not, because they will and it'll be turned up to eleven.

If the "Marxist Kenyan Muslim Fascist" rhetoric isn't eleven, I look forward to it.

"Eleven", in this regard, is always what's coming.

Crazy rightwingers do what they do. It's up to the adults in the room to make them irrelevant.

RE: attn: roo - roo - 01-29-2016

So this is less about the fact that I'm going to vote Trump, and more about how you are feeling the Bern.

RE: attn: roo - shoeman - 01-29-2016

You have to admit that Trump has a pretty amazing last name to build a brand around. My last name sounds like 'garbage'. I'll never be able to sell flowers.

RE: attn: roo - FuturDreamz - 01-29-2016

Have you tried compost?

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 09:15 AM)roo Wrote: So this is less about the fact that I'm going to vote Trump, and more about how you are feeling the Bern.

No, it's more about my previous overestimation of your intelligence if you're unable to see through Trump's campaign as anything but an obvious desperate plea for attention. 

RE: attn: roo - roo - 01-31-2016

I know this is going to sound snarky, but you seem upset.

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 01-31-2016

Don't go Steyr on me! I don't have my Dashboard widget anymore!

RE: attn: roo - FuturDreamz - 01-31-2016

Fascinating.

RE: attn: roo - roo - 02-01-2016

Also, aren't all campaigns, by their very nature, pleas for attention?

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 02-01-2016

I'm sorry if you can't tell the difference between an actual campaign and Trump's over the top attempts to out stupid the looniest members of the freepers.

RE: attn: roo - roo - 02-01-2016

Maybe you can explain the difference.

RE: attn: roo - agedgruel - 02-02-2016

No amount of explaining will make you understand.

RE: attn: roo - FuturDreamz - 02-02-2016

When you consider that there are currently very few "actual" campaigns going on, then the difference becomes more clear.